The Old Albion Inn is situated within the attractive North Cornish village of Crantock, which dates back to 460 AD, and lies to the south of the River Gannel. Large parts of the parish area are in ownership of the National Trust and the area is highly regarded for it’s dramatic scenery and beaches.
The Old Albion Inn itself is approximately 400 years old. As the Albion Inn, it was closed in 1874. In 1902, part of the building was destroyed by fire and in 1946, its license renewed, it began trading again as the Old Albion Inn. The name Albion derives from a ship probably in this case a schooner built in the Gannel shipyard a mile or so away, in the days when Crantock was a prosperous sea port.